No Sweat Thai Yellow Chicken Curry Recipe
After talking all about the different colors of curry pastes, let's zero in on yellow curry, its tangy and turmeric goodness, and yellow curry recipe ideas you can try at home!
Find everything you need to know about Thai curry in our separate blog post here. But while you're here, indulge in a gastronomic read on the gentle and exquisite yellow curry and have the chance to prepare a curry dish of your own with our simple Thai Yellow Chicken Curry Recipe at the bottom!
ALL ABOUT THAI YELLOW CURRY
With turmeric as one of its base ingredients, it has a bright golden hue, gentle tangy taste, and enticing aroma that’s certain to stimulate your appetite.
Making homemade yellow curry is not a walk in the park. Curry is made with herbs and spices that might be quite challenging to get from your local grocery stores.
Thankfully, Thai brands like Mae Ploy already have ready-to-use curry pastes packaged in tubs that already incorporate essential curry ingredients like coriander seeds, cumin, lemongrass, and ginger.
Expect an explosion of rich and complex curry flavors with just one tablespoon of Mae Ploy’s curry paste.
YELLOW CURRY RECIPE IDEAS
We have an easy-peasy Thai Yellow Curry Chicken curry recipe waiting for you below but before we dive right into that, let’s look at delicious yellow curry recipe ideas you can try at home!
Seafood Yellow Curry
One of the best things about curry is its versatility. You can choose any protein to go with your curry dish and it will all taste exceptional. Instead of going for the crowd-favorite chicken curry, have a taste of the sea instead when you try out a Thai Shrimp Coconut Curry recipe. The mix of seafood and coconut flavors will remind you of breezy days by the tropics.
Bangkok-Style Yellow Chicken Curry
Transport yourself in the heart of Bangkok where delicious curry is served as street food! It comes with bite-sized chicken chunks and potatoes swimming in a curry sauce made from curry powder instead of curry paste. It sounds like it tastes simple in writing but once you have a bite, my oh my, you’ll be asking for seconds.
Vegetarian Yellow Curry
Even without chicken, meat, or seafood, your curry can still shine bright on your dinner tables. Feel free to experiment and substitute your meat with pan-fried tofu or other vegetables like red bell peppers, bamboo shoots, cauliflower, and the like. It’ll be a sumptuous addition to your vegetarian options.
Vegan Yellow Curry
Vegans need not worry about missing out on the exquisite taste of curry. Simply leave out the fish sauce in the recipe, add in your veggies and plant-based favorites, and enjoy the spicy ride!
EASY THAI YELLOW CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE
This curry recipe from Allrecipes.com is so simple, almost anyone can have a go at it! As always, we added links to ingredients you can get in Karman Foods’ gallery so you can start cookin’ in no time.
Don’t forget to prepare steaming hot white rice for a complete meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Mae Ploy Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 pound cooked skinless and boneless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 small potatoes cut in cubes
- 3 red Thai chili pepper chopped with seeds
- 1 teaspoon Red Boat Premium fish sauce
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, then stir curry paste into oil until smooth.
- Add chicken in the smooth curry and stir until each piece is coated.
- Pour 1 can coconut milk into the mix and stir until curry paste is completely dissolved. Bring to a bubble for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour remaining coconut milk, chicken stock, onion, potatoes, and chili peppers into curry paste mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until potatoes are tender for about 25 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Stir fish sauce into chicken curry mixture just before serving.
Visit our online Thai market by Karman Foods for more Thai products!