As we usher in December, some of you may be thinking of Christmas recipes to prepare for the holidays as early as today. With everything that has happened this 2020, it’s a perfect time to treat yourself to something new. And now that you’re here, an Asian-style Christmas feast is a great and easy way to celebrate the year that has been!
For starters, you can begin adding an Asian twist to your Christmas Ham. All you need is three ingredients to make a glaze that can turn your classic ham recipe into a sticky, sweet, savory, and mildly spiced Asian-style Christmas Ham.
We borrowed this delightful easy-to-make Asian Hoisin Glazed Christmas Ham recipe from cookin_nurse at food.com. A quick trip to the Asian grocery or a few clicks from Karman Foods is more than enough to complete your ingredient list!
How To Make Asian Hoisin Glazed Christmas Ham
Preparation Time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Serving Size: 8
- 9-10 lbs bone-in ham
- 1 cup Lee Kum Kee Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Kikkoman Manjo Aji Mirin
- 1 tbsp. Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Chung Jung One Hot Mustard Paste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the ham in a roasting pan and score it. Form diamond shapes by cutting through ⅓ inch into the fat.
3. In a saucepan, combine hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, and mustard. Bring to a soft boil while stirring constantly. Simmer for a few minutes.
4. Glaze the ham generously, making sure to get into the scored crevices.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Re-glaze the ham and bake for another 30 minutes.
6. Re-glaze for the second time and cover it loosely with foil.
7. Bake for another hour until you achieve a sticky and golden glaze.
8. Allow the ham to sit before carving and serving.
From us at Karman Foods, may your Christmas dinners remain sumptuous and shared with good company wherever or however you are spending it.