Sempio Togul Doenjang is made with 100% soybeans produced in Korea. It contains no additives or preservatives. It is slowly fermented for 6 months at a low temperature in an underground tunnel located in Yeongdong-gun, Chungcheongbuk-do Korea. It has a deep, rich flavor like homemade doenjang. Sempio claims that through fermentation at a low temperature, like wine, the smell caused by unnecessary bacteria is reduced and the taste becomes smooth. Soybean paste ("Doenjang") is one of the most essential Korean seasoning ingredients along with red chili paste ("Gochujang"). It differs in taste from Japanese miso. So Korean soybean paste must be used for authentic Korean cooking. Soybean paste is most often used as the main seasoning ingredient for soup, stew and "Ssamjang"(dipping sauce for lettuce wrap), but also can be used to season blanched vegetables, such as spinach.
- Premium quality and deep, rich home-made flavor
- Made with 100% soybeans produced in Korea
- No preservatives or additives
- Contains some whole soy beans (not all ground) like home-made doenjang
- Great for all types of Korean foods, especially stews