Simplicity goes a long way, especially with Red Boat. Founded to honor their Vietnamese heritage, Red Boat Fish Sauce is made using a traditional fermentation process and only uses two ingredients: carefully selected fresh, wild-caught black anchovies from Phu Quoc Island's crystal-clear waters and sea salt. These anchovies are fermented for more than a year in wood barrels to achieve a surprisingly fruity sweetness amidst the saltiness of its main ingredients. Red Boat then bottles only pure first-press, extra virgin fish sauce, explaining its amber color. In terms of the sauce's intensity, the label 40°N refers to the amount of nitrogen per liter, making their 40°N variant more potent and concentrated in flavor. There are no preservatives and MSG, making them worthy of the title "Purest on Earth".
- Extra virgin fish sauce made from barrel-fermented black anchovies and sea salt
- Contains 40°N (nitrogen per liter)
- Uses traditional Vietnamese fermentation method
- Gluten-free with no added preservatives and MSG
- Dubbed as the Purest on Earth